WORLD WAR I
“THE WAR TO END ALL WARS”
World War One included:
65 Million Soldiers
37 Million Casualties
91,198 Deaths by Gas
6,395 Allied and Neutral Ships Lost
$186.3 Billion Financial Losses
Some Causes May Include:
Germany, Aus.-Hun., Bulgaria, and Turkey
Serbia, Russia, France, Great Britain, US, .
Countries that only cut off trade
That Should Add Up To 31 Countries
Assassination of Archduke Francis Ferdinand
by Gavrilo Princip, June 28th, 1914.
After the Archduke was killed, a series of events was set in motion, to change the world.
1. A-H declared war on Serbia.
2. Russia mobilized to aid Serbia.
3. Germany aids A-H, declares war on Russia.
4. France mobilizes to aid Russia.
5. Germany declares war on France.
6. Germany invades Belgium.
7. UK declares war on Germany.
8. OE mobilizes to aid Germany and A-H.
9. Italy joins France, UK, and Russia.
10. Bulgaria joins OE, Germany, and A-H.
11. US joins Italy, France, UK, and Russia
Hold back the Germans
Prolong the War (until better technology)
Have a Naval Blockade in place
Concentrate on the Western Front
Avoid Two-Front War
Use Unrestricted Submarine Warfare (naval subs could attack non-naval vessels)