1. These are salts that are needed by the body.
2. For example,calcium from milk for bone growth.
3. Melons and other fruits contain minerals.
1. Sugary foods
2. Meats and fatty acids
3. Vegetables and fruit
4. Starchy foods
1. Our bodies burn up the food we eat.
2. This gives us energy for our muscles to work.
3. The more our muscles work,the more energy and food we need.
4. If we eat more food than we need,the extra is turned into fat.
5. Being fat is unhealthy and affects our heart.
Eating too much.
1. Who needs more food?
2. Who eats more food?
3. Who would you expect to be fatter?Explain.
4. Why would it be bad for this person to be overweight?
4. What could they do to lose weight?
Food energy Kj
1. This is a serious eating disorder which mainly affects young girls.
2. It is related to bulimia,another eating disorder.
3. Anorexics believe they need to lose weight and continually diet to do so.
4. It is a psychological problem and in extreme cases can lead to death.
The affects of alcohol 1.
1. Alcohol is a drug.
2. Alcohol affects your brain by blocking messages to your senses.
3. Alcohol slows down your reactions.
4. Alcohol is measured in units.
5. One unit of alcohol consists of a) a small whisky, b)a glass of wine, c) a half pint of beer.
The effects of alcohol 2.
1. Alcohol abuse can lead to problems at work.
2. Alcohol abuse can lead to mood changes and depression.
3. Alcohol abuse can lead to money troubles.
4. Alcohol abuse can affect personal safety.
5. Alcohol abuse can lead to death in extreme cases.
Healthy Bodies Unit 5 Fitness and Health.
By the end of this unit you should :-
1. Be able to name 3 aspects of fitness.
2. Know that regular exercise improves fitness.
3. Be able to describe the differences between the 3 aspects of fitness.